ant-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #520 has been filed.
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 00:12:22 GMT
Bug report #520 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/520>

REPORT #520 Details.

Project: Ant
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 1.2
   JVM Release: 1.2.2
   Operating System: Win2000 Pro
   OS Release: Win2000 Pro
   Platform: intel P3

Synopsis:
Ant binary distribution doesn't function when installed according to docs

I'm running windows 2000 Professional on an intel P3.

I downloaded and installed ant 1.2 binary distribution exactly according to the documantation
except that I added c:\ant\bin\ to my path instead of %ANT_HOME\bin\

when I run ant (c:\>ant) I get a java usage message.
C:\> ant
Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java -jar [-options] jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

where options include:
    -cp -classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by ;>
              set search path for application classes and resources
    -D<name>=<value>
              set a system property
    -verbose[:class|gc|jni]
              enable verbose output
    -version  print product version
    -? -help  print this help message
    -X        print help on non-standard options

What gives?