ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MEETING] January 12th. SF Bay.
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 10:14:51 GMT
At 11:04  19/12/00 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> * move to anakia/stylebook for docs
>
>I'd make that "move to a system of docs that allows them to be
>autogenerated from snippets scattered with the task". And move the
>decision about which tool and DTD to use to the undecided
>area.

right ;)

>* allow properties to be overwritten in subprojects

I can't remember if it was ever decided about scoping aswell. Ages ago
there was some requests for target level scoping of properties if they
appeared in target and set an overide flag. ie

<project ...>
  <property name="foo" value="bar" />

  <target name="bing">
    <property name="blah" value="${foo}"/>
  </target>

  <target name="bang">
    <property name="blee" value="${foo}" local-scope="false"/>
  </target>

</project>

In this case "blee" would be defined in Project context (if "bang" was
executed) while "blah" would be local to "bing" target. There was quite a
few requests for something like this. Initially I didn't like it but I
don't mind it anymore.

Cheers,

Pete