ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MEETING] January 12th. SF Bay.
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 06:59:33 GMT
At 10:23  18/12/00 -0800, Jon Stevens wrote:
>I want to see us exit this meeting with good solid proposals for how we are
>going to continue into the future with these projects. I want to be able to
>report to the Ant-Dev list a consensus about the general direction we should
>take to move things further.

Be carefule how you put this. Look at the CVS tree and the people who have
actually made patches against ant in say the last 2 months. I suspect you
will be the lone committer who is at the meeting that you say aims "to
report to the Ant-Dev list a consensus about the general direction we
should take to move things further". Do you think this is appropriate ? ;)

The ideas about Ant2.0 (at least the non-revolutionary ones) are easily
accessible in archives. No real revolutionary ideas have been discussed
(except for two latest proposals) so I am not sure what it is that you
intend to come to a consensus about.

>This of course will not be a final decision
>because not everyone can make it, but I do want to get a group of people at
>least pointed in one direction instead of the current mishmash of minds and
>opinions.

What makes you think that the current ideas about Ant2.0 product is a
mishmash. I think the aims/designs are relatively clear - the
implementation is completely fuzzy but there is little use hashing it out
when only one of the developers who is proposing a revolution is present.

Cheers,

Pete