ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Whoa Bessie... Was -- Re: [Proposal] AntFarm
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 03:09:44 GMT
At 06:57  18/12/00 -0800, James Duncan Davidson wrote:
>> Well as no one has patched it majorly you still own images of source so it
>> wouldn't be necessary ;) Besides which I think it would be a huge shame to
>> see you leave.
>> Cheers,
>
>Actually it would since it all says ©2000 Apache Software Foundation on it.
>Copyright assignment is serious business that I won't play lightly with
>since that is the foundation on which all open source licenses are built.

Well this was what Stefano said to me once when I wanted to get another guy
to donate code to Apache ...

---
The guy keeps copyright on the code that he has done *previously* and he
keeps the right of using that code to relicense that code if he wants,
even commercially, but the ASF has the right to continue the work under
the Apache license.
---

So you have all the rights for code previous to checking it into CVS. As no
one has yet patched it the image in CVS == original contribution == given
back to you to do with as you please. At least thats how I understand it
thou I could be wrong ;)

Cheers,

Pete