ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [AntFarm] shell scripts/exception
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2000 02:24:34 GMT
At 06:14  15/12/00 -0800, Josh Lucas wrote:
>here are 3 shell scripts which I've used to bootstrap/build/clean.  They
>aren't pretty but they worked for me...
>
>Also, when running the build script, I encountered this exception which
>I was confused about.  Any ideas?
>
>java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation

I haven't looked at it closely so this is a guess but ...

You can "seal" a package which means that no other codesource can be used
to define a class in that package in that classloader (or descendent
classloaders in standard java2). The only packages likely to be sealed are
jaxp/crimson ? Which implies to me that it tried to be loaded twice from
different urls.

Not sure to do but muck about with classloaders - good luck (you'll need it
;])

Cheers,

Pete