ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] AntFarm
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2000 01:25:19 GMT
Hi,

you may have noticed I just checked in a proposal AntFarm. It was developed
by Matt Foemmel <mpfoemme@ThoughtWorks.com> and is a different approach to
both other proposals. Unlike both existing proposals that basically
crystalized things we already knew we wanted for Ant2 - this proposal jumps
a little further forward and proposes a mecahnism for interaction between
projects to form a Workspace.

There is some very interesting ideas in there and some very handy coding
(specifically cllasspath searching for ant.jar) that should probably folded
into the other proposals. It is relatively easy to build and deploy from my
experience and I look forward to see what peoples think.

Anyways Matt can pimp it more as it is his proposal ;)

Cheers,

Pete