ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Jar.java War.java Zip.java
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 00:20:56 GMT
Hmmm - I just had a thought. What does every one think about associating a
mapper with each fileset ?

We could thus have something like

<fileset dir="my/dir/">
  <include name="**/*.classes" />
  <mapper type="prefix" to="my/prefix">
</fileset>

for prefixes. Or

<fileset dir="my/dir/">
  <include name="my-manifest.mf" />
  <mapper type="merge" to="META-INF/MANIFEST.MF">
</fileset>

for single files ?

At 04:15  13/12/00 -0500, Rosen, Alex wrote:
>That's a valid point, though I can definitely see this either way. If Ant
>supported the prefix and/or fullpath attributes on all tasks where it made
>sense (e.g. copy and move), would you still object?
>
>In any case, with Pete's latest change, both <filesets> and
<prefixedfilesets>
>can have these extra attributes in Zip tasks. This is either the best or
worst
>of both worlds, depending on how you look at it. It's being flexible about
what
>you accept - we tell users to use <prefixedfileset> when the use these
>attributes, but if they forget, we'll take it anyway. I think this is
probably
>a bad idea, although if we change it, and you forget and accidentally say
><fileset prefix="foo">, you probably wouldn't get a very helpful message. (It
>would tell you that <fileset> doesn't take a prefix attribute, instead of
>suggesting that you need to use <prefixedfileset> to use the prefix
attribute.)

>--Alex

Cheers,

Pete