ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject [myrmidon] Updates
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 01:19:25 GMT
Hi,

I just updated myrmidon to remove a lot of extra cruft that was included.
Now it has less classes and should be easier to maintain. Essentially the
changes involved modifying Avalon so that it was not necessary to define
*Loader, and *Factory etc for Tasklet/Converters. I also changed it so that
taskdefinitions were loaded from an xml file rather than 2 property files.

I haven't received much feedback but feel free to have a hack at it and see
if you can spot any issues. I plan to hack at it again tomorrow so if you
have any requests feel free to make them. If no one has any requests I may
add a few tasks.

As far as I am aware James is the only one at the moment who is opposing a
unified namespace for different values in builds. If that is the case I may
implement that - if that is not the case someone else -1 the idea ;)

Also about evaluating properties in targets/project tags. Should we do it ?
Personally I don't like it but if everyone else does then ... ;)

Also James do you still have any issues regarding Avalon integration? The
only one that I don't think I have addressed is the size of the jar file.
If that is the only issue I will write a shrinker that optimises it by
removing unused .class files and stripping debug data. That will easily
bring it under 100kb (possibly as low as 40 kb) - which should be
acceptable no ? Remember that all the features except 1 that Avalon
provides have been requested on ant-dev before. The one abstraction that
hasn't be asked for is the ComponentManager abstraction. I don't think this
is too much bloat if that is what you are worried about.

if you have any other issues then feel free to comment.

Cheers,

Pete