ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] myrmidon
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 08:41:12 GMT
At 09:08  6/12/00 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> At 05:11  5/12/00 +0100, you wrote:
>>>Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>>Two minor details I wanted to note: (1) Currently you can specify
>>>both, if and unless attributes to Target, any reason why you've
>>>restricted that? (2) I've proposed to perform ${} expansions in the
>>>attributes of project and target as well, maybe you should move the
>>>resolution of properties out of TaskletContext into a class of its
>>>own - or maybe use project's context which is a TaskletContext.
>>
>> right - I am not sure I like ${} resolution in if/unless attributes
>> thout it could be done.
>
>The main thing that could benefit from added ${} resolutions are
>things like project's basedir where you might want to expand the
>system property user.home. And then I think it would be nice to have a
>consistent rule, something like ${} will be expanded in _all_
>attributes.

Take the following

  <jar jarfile="${build.lib}/simpleserver-demo.bar"
basedir="${build.classes}">
      <include name="${gr}"/>
      <include name="conf/simpleserver-demo.conf.xml"/>
      <include name="org/apache/avalon/demos/simpleserver/*"/>
    </jar>

The ${gr} will not be expanded as far as I can tell (with a version about 2
weeks ago). I guess that would classify as bug eh ? ;)

Cheers,

Pete