ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/bin ant
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 07:16:13 GMT
At 07:14  5/12/00 -0000, you wrote:
>   # Allow .antrc to specifiy flags to java cmd
>   if [ "$JAVACMD" = "" ] ; then
>  -  JAVACMD=java
>  +  JAVACMD=${JAVA_HOME}/bin/java
>   fi

I am not sure if I am a freak or not but I would like to see this as

if [ "$JAVA_HOME" != "" ] ; then
  if [ "$JAVACMD" = "" ] ; then
    JAVACMD=$JAVA_HOME/bin/java
  fi
else
  if [ "$JAVACMD" = "" ] ; then
    JAVACMD=java
  fi
fi

because that way you won't need to set JAVA_HOME. Ugly as hell yes but it
stops a whole heap of build environments I have set up (mainly
web-designers). I suspecy it will also break 1.1 on *nix/cygwin thou I am
not sure

Cheers,

Pete