ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Uh, I must be missing something ...
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 05:36:54 GMT
At 08:43  4/12/00 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm afraid this is somehow tied into the thread about checking jars into CVS
>but can someone explain to me how one is supposed to find the jars for the
>various optional tasks. (FWIW, I'm actually aproaching this, at the moment,
>as a user: I've installed 1.2 from the web and want to use the ftp task.)
>For example, I can see the ftp task requires oroinc classes that aren't in
>ant.jar or optional.jar. But I can't find any documentation about this. If
>someone can explain this to me I may be able to whip up a patch to the ant
>docs giving at least some guidance. (I'm thinking maybe the distinction
>between optional tasks and the others should be documented. (I looked at
>every occurance of "optional" in all the files under the docs directory in
>CVS and wasn't edified: forgive me if I overlooked something.)

Okay - I just added a note under lib/README that gives location
(http://www.savarese.org/oro/downloads/index.html#NetComponents). I guessed
the location of some other components but if anyone adds a task to CVS that
has dependencies could you update lib/README (and corect any I mucked up ;])

Basically the difference between optional and non-optional tasks is whether
or not they require outside tasks. Except for style all the non-optional
tasks are self-contained with ant. (Style is there via legacy)

Cheers,

Pete