ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeffery, Myles" <mjeff...@lehman.COM>
Subject How does the Javac task know where jdk/jikes is?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 08:34:16 GMT
Hi,

How do I tell the javac task where the javac.exe of jikes.exe compilers are
located?  And how do I tell jikes where the appropriate rt.jar file is
located and how do I pass other parameters to it?  I am aware of the
build.compiler property but this does not explicitly tell the javac task
where the executables are located.

The javac task looks a little hit & miss.  I really want to be very explicit
about which jdk/jikes it uses and where the executable and core libraries
are located.  Should I use the exec task to get this much control?

Thanks,

Myles Jeffery