ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Did somebody say Shut up and Write? :)
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2000 07:11:12 GMT
-----On 12/27/00 1:27 PM, "Peter Vogel" <pvogel@arsin.com> wrote:
> It could be argued, I suppose, that the CM group would "own" ant and
> be responsible for ensuring that all developers always have an
> up-to-date version of ant for their tree, but that assumes the presence
> of a true CM group, etc. which may not be the case for many
> organizations.

Actually, I would expect whatever "group" (even if it's only an individual
just working privately) "owns" Ant to -not- necessarily have an up-to-date
version of Ant. I would expect them to only update the version (or
possibly only certain source-files) for specific reasons and only at
acceptable points in time. For example, I currently have a mixture of
1.2alpha, some straight 1.2, some post-1.2, plus some in-house mods. When
1.3 becomes available, I'll review what's changed, see if there's anything
that I want/need, and if there is, determine when would be a good time to
(either fully or partially) update.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)