ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problems with org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Zip
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2000 23:29:30 GMT
--- Jon Stevens <jon@latchkey.com> wrote:
> You wouldn't believe the amount of totally nutty personal "help me
> please" email I get like that.
>
> Now do you see why a lot of my answers on the mailing lists tend to be
> short with people? If I spent all my time doing long answers that were
> pretty and sweet, I wouldn't get anything done.

Actually, no, I don't see. If you get a lot of mail that should have gone
to a list instead, it seems like it'd be better to simply reply to it with
some boilerplate that redirected them to the appropriate list. Letting it
frustrate you, and then letting that frustration affect how you reply to
mail that was correctly sent to a list, seems like a less than optimum
approach.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)