ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: Fw: Problem using script task
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2000 19:10:44 GMT
--- Jason Rosenberg <> wrote:
> Now it looks like I need something special to use javascript within
> bsf....

It's not that you need something special -- it's that you need javascript.

> Looking at the build.xml that is used to build bsf, it looks like it is
> checking for the availability of
>     <available property="rhino.present"
>                classname="org.mozilla.javascript.Scriptable"/>
> Anyone know where I can find this class?

The build.xml file for the BSF stuff tries to determine which languages
you have available, and will build itself accordingly. If you're going to
be using Javascript, and you don't already have it, you can pick it up
You can pick up already-compiled as well as source.

> Am I missing some documentation somewhere that describes this, or does
> it just not exist anywhere.  In the Ant doc under optional tasks, it
> describes the <script> task, and makes it sound as though it
> is just hunky-dory to just start using it....Hmmm....

I'm not sure what the status is these days wrt optional tasks -- I think
some get built by the nightly, and others don't. The Ant User Manual
doesn't really address the issues of building optional tasks -- you're
just sort of on your own for that.

Do You Yahoo!?