ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ant vs. other "ant"s (was: Re: Whoa Bessie...)
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2000 00:36:52 GMT
--- Jason Hunter <jhunter@collab.net> wrote:
> An open source code base can't be made "un-OpenSource".

Yes, I know. That's why I used the words "seemed to be trying to". And
that's, I believe, one of the big reasons everyone started jumping up and
down -- because of the very fact that you *can't* do that, no matter who
you are or what role you initially played. Once something's gone
OpenSource, you can't just later step in and say "All this mine, I'm the
one in control, I'm the only one who gets to say what happens with it" --
it doesn't work that way, and if someone even *seems* like they're trying
to do that, people are gonna get upset and basically tell them to forget
it 'cuz it ain't gonna happen.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)