ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/sound AntSoundPlayer.java SoundTask.java
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2000 20:47:46 GMT
--- Jon Stevens <jon@latchkey.com> wrote:
> on 12/22/2000 4:04 AM, "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cognet.com.au> wrote:
> > If anyone is -1 on this submission, I'd appreciate it if you could
> > roll it back for me yourself, as I won't be around for a while.
> > I'm in no mood to disagree to anything, anyway.
>
> Actually, I think this is the COOLEST feature of Ant. :-)

I'm awfully fond of it myself. What I planned to do (but haven't yet) is
modify it so that <success> and <fail> take a "dir" attribute (I've
grouped my sound-files appropriately), and if the "dir" attribute is set,
it randomly picks a sound file out of that dir to play. But given my lack
of expertise in Java, it's bound to take me awhile to get around to doing
it -- so if you were interested in having it do that and you wanted to
make the change, you can have the idea, free of charge. :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)