ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: compiler with ant
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:49:08 GMT
--- Robert Davies <Robert.Davies@astro.cf.ac.uk> wrote:
> I have a project set up to compile with ant using javac. Now I need to
> recompile my project with a different compiler to improve the speed our
> java app, one hasn't been picked yet. How difficult would it be to add
> this compiler option to ant?

Depends on whether you go with a compiler that's already included in the
<javac> task. If you go with Jikes or Jvc, you can use the build.compiler
property to specify one of those. If you go with a compiler not yet
allowed for, then you'd need to modify Javac.java to allow for that
compiler. I recently did that to allow for VCafe25's sj compiler. I
picked&putted most of what I changed, so it wasn't all that difficult --
but it does mean having a Javac.java that's different from the "off the
shelf" one, so anytime you pick up a new Ant (version or nightly build),
you'd need to reinstate your version of Javac.java, which is kind of a
PITA.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)