ant-dev mailing list archives

From Simeon Fitch <meta...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: A Users Experience
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 16:23:32 GMT

--- Roger Vaughn <rogervaughn@yahoo.com> wrote:

> You know, I just had an epiphany.  (Sorry if this is
> obvious to anyone - it just occurred to me.)
>
> This has caused me headaches, too, since I use Unix
> shells on Windows.  However, I just found out that you
> can do this:
>
>    java -Dpath.separator=: ....
>
> and Java will work just beautifully with Unix-style
> paths on Windows.  Just be sure you don't include
> drive letters in the paths....

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Regardless of whether we use this in Ant,
I have other projects which have really had to fight up against this one!
What a beautiful hack!

BTW: Do you know if the ability to override the default system properties
via the command-line is part of the VM spec, or just a feature of a
particular VM?

=====
Mustard Seed Software
mailto:simeon@fitch.net