ant-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Vaughn <rogervau...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: A Users Experience
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 14:05:24 GMT
--- Conor MacNeill <conor@ebinteractive.com.au> wrote:
> Because cygwin passes a unix classpath (colon
> separated) to a win32 tool
> (javac) which doesn't like it (it want semi-colon
> separated). That is why
> the compile cannot find the BuildException class
> which is part of the ant
> source.
>
> Conor

You know, I just had an epiphany.  (Sorry if this is
obvious to anyone - it just occurred to me.)

This has caused me headaches, too, since I use Unix
shells on Windows.  However, I just found out that you
can do this:

   java -Dpath.separator=: ....

and Java will work just beautifully with Unix-style
paths on Windows.  Just be sure you don't include
drive letters in the paths....

roger