ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Simeon H.K. Fitch" <sim...@fitch.net>
Subject Re: Ant2 and properties
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 16:01:47 GMT
On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 09:44:29AM +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I see the following as the scopes
> > 1. Workspace
> > 2. Project
> > 3. Target
> > 4. Task
> >
> > Scope 4 is completely seperate from all others so can effectively be
> > ignored.
>
> Apart from this mail I've never seen the Workspace scope. I see the
> distinction between Workspace and Project is somewhat similar to the
> one between Project and Subproject - there are some properties you set
> in the higher level that should never be overwritten and others where
> it should be permitted IMHO.

In Antidote the Workspace scope would be exactly what I'd need to
allow the user to set/override things like compiler, build directory,
etc., pretty much like the .ant.properties file does in some of the
build.xml files. I would assume the Workspace scope in the GUI context
would work exactly as the defining of command line properties with
'-D'.

If this is indeed what Peter means by this, I'm very much in favor of it.

sim