ant-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #642 has been filed.
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2000 00:54:38 GMT
Bug report #642 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/642>

REPORT #642 Details.

Project: Ant
Category: Feature Requests
SubCategory: Enhancement
Class: feature
State: received
Severity: non-critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 1.2
   JVM Release: 1.2.2
   Operating System: Windows NT
   OS Release: 4
   Platform: Intel

Synopsis:
New Feature: attribute to report classpath on javac

A pet peeve of mine is java build systems that don't give an option to report the classpath
during compiles.  When I get "com.fraga.impac.nugga.Nugga" not found, it can be hard to understand
why if the problem is a bad classpath.

Suggestion:  attribute showclasspath="true" on Javac, that
prints the full classpath in effect for the compile.  Ditto,
for Java.  I did a little test modification on Javac,
seems to work fine.  I didn't write a test case, though.