ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Rosen, Alex" <aro...@silverstream.com>
Subject RE: [MEETING] January 12th. SF Bay.
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 19:17:54 GMT
Thanks you guys for starting to work together again. From my month or two here
on ant-dev, I have a feeling that you all have more than enough talent to earn
each others' respect, given the chance.

That's why I think this meeting is counter-productive. Ant needs a cooling off
period, where people don't feel excluded.

> > The message you are sending out is "If you aren't part of the
> posse in the SF
> > area, you can't help direct the future of Ant."
>
> THAT IS EXACTLY THE MESSAGE I WAS TRYING TO NOT SAY!
>
> People please don't read between the lines so much.

This is not the goal of a meeting, but it will be the effect. You say the
intent of the meeting is "to be able to report to the Ant-Dev list a consensus
about the general direction we should take to move things further." Whether
this is a final decision or not, it is still highly exclusionary, if many of
the main contributors can't afford to be there. A face-to-face meeting might be
more productive, but if it's more divisive, it doesn't seem worth it.

Alex