ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob Oxspring" <roxspr...@yahoo.com>
Subject TStamp - custom formats
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2000 21:25:14 GMT
I've just modified my copy of the Tstamp task, and thought others may want to use/commit it.
 It adds the capability of creating properties with any format that the SimpleDateFormat class
can handle.  This means that we are no longer restricted to the US style (eg UK) and can add
other stuff such as zimetone and era (should anybody have a need!). The default behaviour
is unchanged, and the only downside is that it sets properties just as the rest of Tstamp
does and does not tread carefully as the property task does - is this a problem?. The extended
syntax is:

<tstamp>
    <property name="TODAY_UK" pattern="d MMMM yyyy">
</tstamp>

This will add a property TODAY_UK to the project with the value in the format: "28 December
2000"

Hope its useful

Rob