ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Rosen, Alex" <aro...@silverstream.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Jar.java War.java Zip.java
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 21:15:43 GMT
That's a valid point, though I can definitely see this either way. If Ant
supported the prefix and/or fullpath attributes on all tasks where it made
sense (e.g. copy and move), would you still object?

In any case, with Pete's latest change, both <filesets> and <prefixedfilesets>
can have these extra attributes in Zip tasks. This is either the best or worst
of both worlds, depending on how you look at it. It's being flexible about what
you accept - we tell users to use <prefixedfileset> when the use these
attributes, but if they forget, we'll take it anyway. I think this is probably
a bad idea, although if we change it, and you forget and accidentally say
<fileset prefix="foo">, you probably wouldn't get a very helpful message. (It
would tell you that <fileset> doesn't take a prefix attribute, instead of
suggesting that you need to use <prefixedfileset> to use the prefix attribute.)

--Alex