ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Cook" <jimc...@iname.com>
Subject Re: Anteater... I'm Baaaack...
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:58:01 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
> Representing a Task as a DOM Node - i.e. using DOM as the object model
> of Ant has been ruled out for various reasons. The DOM API forces you
> to implement a big interface we don't need IMHO.

I don't think I agree here. I am unaware of any "big interface" the the DOM API
forces you to implement.

I feel that elegant use of DOM in Antidote, goes a long way towards addressing
the two-way capabilities and GUI integration (TreeNode) that can be achieved. I
guess I have yet to see such a two-way model implemented by the SAX interface or
other proposed Ant implementations.

jim