ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Engstrom" <Erik.Engst...@dot.state.mn.us>
Subject Re: RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant .cvsignore
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:31:43 GMT
It works on W2k

>>> Jose  Alberto Fernandez <JFernandez@viquity.com> 11/27/00 18:50 PM >>>
> From: Peter Donald [mailto:donaldp@apache.org]
>
> At 12:22  27/11/00 -0800, you wrote:
> >This reminds me that there is a pending "BUG", in my opinion, with
> >respect to the <exec*> tasks and their definition of nested <env>.
> >Today, <env> replaces ALL environment variables with the
> ones specified,
> >which is USELESS to say the least.
> >
> >There was some discussion in the past on how to overcome
> this. It was not
> >preaty, and it was not cheap, but it definetely was possible.
> >I think we should look at this again.
>
> The problem is win9x platform. What would be ideal is to grab
> all shell
> variables and place them as system properties (ie. TERM ->
> env.TERM). This
> is easily doable on unix and I was told it was possible on
> winNT/2000.

I thought the "cmd /c set" returns the value of ALL environment
variables in ALL Windows systems. Is that no so?
It is not preaty, but executing that and parsing the output is
all that is needed.

We could use that to as you say create new properties or to
propagate environment variables when using <env>.

Comments?

Jose Alberto