ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject On voting rules (was Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/lib - New directory)
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:09:37 GMT

> At 09:12  28/11/00 -0500, you wrote:
>>Peter Donald wrote:
>>>
>>It is also my reading of
>>http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html that one veto should
>>be sufficient, even if it is "only" Conor. ;-)
>
> yep - but if he doesn't keep responding to further
> queries/questions/suggestions it effectively goes to +/- 0

Where exactly can I find something about degrading a -1 to -0? I don't
read this at all out of the description of -1 votes.

I see "All vetos must contain an explanation" as well as "No veto can
be overruled." I see "you should lobby the person who cast the vote"
but I don't see anything that talks about what to do if your lobbying
fails - for whatever reason.

Given that Jon and Sam obviously disagree on this and that both are
members of the PMC, do you (Jon and Sam) think we could get some
clarification by the PMC - which decided to adopt the rules from the
httpd project - or the ASF itself?

Stefan

PS: In the nine months I've been following Ant development I've never
seen a -1 ignored or overruled and I really really hope this is never
going to happen.