ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: References do not work for me.
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:28:38 GMT
Conor MacNeill <conor@ebinteractive.com.au> wrote:

> [...]

We could do so anyway, if we wanted to.

Currently we mimic the ID and IDREF attribute types of XML with our
reference concept. If we want to keep this notion, we cannot make
subprojects inherit references as there won't be any elements with a
given ID present in the XML document of the subproject.

I feel prepared to drop the ID notion (without changing Ant syntax)
and making property a data type instead of a task seems quite natural
(even though <property file=""/> is more of a task IMHO) - unify them
in Ant 2.0?

Stefan