ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Fw: Control flow (if,while,for) proposal in ant (xml based).
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 08:14:44 GMT
Nico Seessle <Nico.Seessle@epost.de> wrote:

> From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@bost.de>

>> If we wanted to allow for something like this, I'd probably see it
>> along the lines of

>> public abstract class EnvelopeTask extends Task {

>> and add a EnvelopeTaskHandler to ProjectHelper to support this.

> I'm not sure I understand this...

> ProjectHelper will only allow for createTask in subclasses of
> EnvelopeTask?

That's the idea, yes. I wouldn't want to have people accidently
enclose a task into mkdir for example. If you want a Task that can
hold other tasks (like a <while> task), say so by extending
EnvelopeTask.

And keep in mind, that I'm not really proposing to do something like
this, just lining out what *I* could live with.

Stefan