ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: [Patch] New Perforce tasks
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:13:48 GMT
John Hall <jhall@solant.com> wrote:

> From: Jon Stevens [mailto:jon@latchkey.com]
>
>> You have been sleeping my friend. :-)
>
> Nope. Stefan questioned the need for ORO.

Not because it was ORO, I questioned the need for any external
library.

I'm not at all familiar with Perforce, all I know is, the current
<perforce> task doesn't need a regexp processor. Now I understand that
you need to do heavy text processing for anything but checkout
(p4sync) and it would be silly to reinvent the wheel here.

Personally I don't care much which regexp processor is going to be
used, maybe we could even put an interface layer in between so the
user can choose which processor to use (like style does for Xalan or
XSL:P). Not that high a priority though.

Stefan