ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant ProjectHelper.java
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2000 10:49:03 GMT

 DH> we might as well add in property-expansion so using this ENTITY
 DH> stuff could be (in my opinion) more useful.

I agree it could be made more powerful this way. My problem with it is
something different:

(1) ENTITY is part of the whole DTD legacy XML is still carrying
around. IMHO we should be using XSchema and XInclude instead of DTDs
and ENTITY as soon as all parsers support this.

(2) IMHO we'd be mixing the concerns of the XML parser and Ant when
interfering with the ENTITY resolution that way.

I could be convinced to extend the code along the lines you suggest, I
just don't feel well with it. Don't know, a matter of taste, purism,
something like that.

Stefan