ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Capturing ANT Output
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 14:32:19 GMT

 SW> Main calls Project.fireBuildStarted() when starting the build and
 SW> Project.fireBuildFinished() at the end.  We would like to do the
 SW> same to trigger the BuildListeners, but unfortunately both
 SW> methods are protected.  Could You make these methods public?

As a workaround, yes. In general I agree with your and Simeon's
opinion that Project should be responsible for firing these Events
itself (and yes, I don't think the separation of Project/Main is very
well defined).

Maybe we can find a better way to move the fireBuildStarted/Finished
methods quickly so we don't need to make those methods public at
all. I'm going to look into it this evening.

Stefan