ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New task <transform> committed
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2000 08:17:09 GMT
Jon Stevens <jon@latchkey.com> wrote:

> on 11/23/2000 7:42 AM, "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure I like <transform> as a name cause other tasks like
> the name <transform> is for.

Actually I was thinking of <jtransform> and <javaon> tasks to
accompany <execon> and <transform> - removing the overhead of forking
a new VM you'd have when using <execon> of <transform> for Java based
transformations. <style> (and maybe even <javac>) should be made
subclasses of <jtransform> after that IMHO.

> Why not:
>
> <execon transform="true">

I'd like to keep these task separate as they are doing quite different
things. While <execon> really acts on all files, <transform> only
works on a - well defined - subset of them. Of course I'm not sticking
to the name <transform> for "the other task", it just seemed to
describe the intended use cases quite well.

Stefan