ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/lib - New directory
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 08:15:48 GMT

> Hi,
>
> At 06:22  27/11/00 +0100, you wrote:
>>who isn't really fond of the idea to add jar files to the repository
>>either.
>
> You may want to have a look at a message that Stefano Mazzocchi sent
> to cocoon-dev list ...

I really didn't want to fire up this discussion again.

My point (you can make that your data point 2 Jon) is that right now
I'll have to remove junit.jar every time I've done a cvs update (or
install a separate version of Ant) if I want to participate in JUnit
development - just to be sure the "right" JUnit classes get picked up
when I build a development version of JUnit using Ant.

The same probably holds true for other projects (say you'd want to
include BSF for example). Including the JARs in builds and maybe even
in nightly builds would be enough IMHO - but as I said, I didn't want
to start that discussion again, just add my opinion as I didn't have
the opportunity to speak up before.

Stefan