ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: [Patch] New Perforce tasks
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:15:12 GMT
James Duncan Davidson <duncan@x180.net> wrote:

> On 11/15/00 12:13 AM, "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@bost.de> wrote:
>
>> Personally I don't care much which regexp processor is going to be
>> used, maybe we could even put an interface layer in between so the
>> user can choose which processor to use (like style does for Xalan
>> or XSL:P). Not that high a priority though.
>
> I'd rather not make things *that* flexible. :) If we are going to
> have one regexp engine or another in our build, we should just
> depend on it being checked out along side and build it in. :)

Well, what I'd really like was a standard API for regexp processors in
javax.regexp package and code to that.

I've been thinking about coding up a RegexpMapper implementation of
org.apache.tools.ant.util.FileNameMapper once I get there. As I don't
know either jakarta regexp engine I would have tended to use
jakarta-regexp *because* it is a lot smaller.

I agree we shouldn't use two different engines within Ant, that's why
I came up with the interface layer. Guess I'll use ORO in a first
step.

Stefan