ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:52:30 GMT
If you use <property file="..."> it will log "Unable to find" with the
verbose priority, this priority seems fine for things like

<property file="${user.dir}/" />

to give users a chance to override project defaults - without forcing
them to actually have a file like this to get rid of warnings.

My feeling is that you'd not use <property resource="..."> for similar
things but want a strong warning if something cannot be found, that's
why I've chosen MSG_WARN as priority. Any objections?

View raw message