ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Fw: Control flow (if,while,for) proposal in ant (xml based).
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 14:07:01 GMT
Nico Seessle <Nico.Seessle@epost.de> wrote:

> How about extending the pattern of a Task to allow any task to
> become and element of a task if it allow it?

If we wanted to allow for something like this, I'd probably see it
along the lines of

public abstract class EnvelopeTask extends Task {

    //call project.createTask and do something clever with it
    public abstract Task createTask(String name);
}

and add a EnvelopeTaskHandler to ProjectHelper to support this.

all kinds of logic in them - and it still was inside a task, not
inside Ant.

I'd prefer a solution like this over extending control structures
internal to Ant, but I'm not really fond of it.

+0

is probably my best answer.

Stefan