ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Prompt task
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:06:51 GMT
Jeff Martin <jmartin@silacom.com> wrote:

> I've already written a Prompt taks which I've been using for a
> while. It allows you to use both command line and swing
> prompts. It's probably not the way things should go but it solved
> the problem I had.

Yes, I'd prefer that the writer of the build file doesn't need to know
whether a GUI will be used or not (one could even imagine reading
answers from a file for automatic installation routines). So the mode
attribute is not really what I'd want.

> There are three types of prompt plain, file or list.

Yes! And of course I should have used nested elements for the
alternatives instead of a comma separated list.

Stefan