ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Nested Tasks
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:20:44 GMT
Thomas Christen <chr@active.ch> wrote:

> I'm thinking a nested approach would be clearer like :
>
> <wait for="60000">
> 	<available file="foo.txt" property="foo.available"/>
> </wait>
>
> even more than one resources or even other tasks could be put inside
> this wait (e.g. retry if a task failed).

I'm not sure what others think, to me something like this is not
totally out of scope, even though it opens the door to
scripting. Whatever version of scripting could result out of this, the
complexity would be in the tasks one had to write, not inside Ant's
core.

Maybe we should keep something like this in mind when we are coming
together to decide on the Ant 2.0 structure, I wouldn't want to invent
and implement a new concept that might be obsoleted soon thereafter.

Stefan