ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Passing classpath into a subproject?
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:24:43 GMT
Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@periapt.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to pass on classpath information to
> a subproject?

Currently, all you can do is convert the <path> to a property
(<property name="my.path" refid="classpath"/>) and recreate a <path> in
your subproject (<path id="classpath" path="${my.path}" />) as
references are not inherited by subprojects.

> Is there a way to have a global classpath without setting the
> classpath in a .bat|.sh script?

Don't think so, as the CLASSPATH would need to be set by the time Ant
starts parsing your build file. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what
you are asking for.

Stefan