ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Thoughts on an 'open' task
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2000 09:19:58 GMT

 PD> If KDE and Mac platforms had equivelent then we could do such a
 PD> thing I believe.

KDE has AFAIK, but what are you going to do with people like me? Linux
with sawmill - no GNOME (at least not configured), no KDE. At home it
is fvwm2 and no fancy desktop stuff at all.

On Unix systems one could consult /etc/mailcap, relying on metamail
for Unix might be better than relying on GNOME/KDE. On the other hand
this file lists lots of applications that I have not installed on my
system.

The best cross platform solution I can think of is starting a browser,
lynx, Netscape, Emacs-W3 usually know how to handle any mime-type on
earth.

Stefan