ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Passing classpath into a subproject?
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:10:50 GMT
Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>> Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@periapt.com> wrote:
>> > Is there a way to have a global classpath without setting the
>> > classpath in a .bat|.sh script?
>>
>> Don't think so, as the CLASSPATH would need to be set by the time
>> Ant starts parsing your build file. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding
>> what you are asking for.
>
> If what you mean by "a global classpath" is a classpath available in
> a property, which can then be used by any target within the current
> and any sub build-files, then you just need to set the classpath as
> a property.

Of course, given your interpretation. That's why I said "Maybe I'm
just misunderstanding what you are asking for."

To me "global classpath" means something like "the classpath that will
be used by all tasks, even if I don't specify it explicitly". In this
sense you can't do it by any means other than the CLASSPATH
environment variable IMHO.

Stefan