ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@periapt.com>
Subject Re: Passing classpath into a subproject?
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:50:41 GMT
On 20 Nov 2000, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@periapt.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to pass on classpath information to
> > a subproject?
>
> Currently, all you can do is convert the <path> to a property
> (<property name="my.path" refid="classpath"/>) and recreate a <path> in
> your subproject (<path id="classpath" path="${my.path}" />) as
> references are not inherited by subprojects.

That's a start! It will certainly help if <taskdef> takes
a classpath. Is the following possible:

<taskdef
  name="torque"
  class="org.apache.turbine.torque.ant.VTorqueTask"/>
  <classpath>
    <pathelement path="${class.path.set.in.parent.project}"/>
  </classpath>
</taskdef>

This would be fine if possible. I would rather do this then have
to build up the classpath in the .bat|.sh scripts

> > Is there a way to have a global classpath without setting the
> > classpath in a .bat|.sh script?
>
> Don't think so, as the CLASSPATH would need to be set by the time Ant
> starts parsing your build file. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what
> you are asking for.

I think you're right on :-)

--
jvz.