ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject RE: Searching for build.xml
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:29:00 GMT
Personally I think that all of you who are against this behavior are
crazy.  I would be insane too if I had to specify the location of my build
file every time too... so I guess I can understand that a little.

I am fine with backing out this change, though I think that it would be
better to make it optional and not the default action.  There isn't any
reason why a build system can not be easy to use and simple at the same
time.

I have pretty much given up on helping this effort due to the ultra-purist
nature of the developers.  I tend to consider myself a purist, but you guys
take the cake.  Though I would rather help add useful features to an
open source project, rather than making private modifications, it seems
clear that this group is dedicated to producing a system for different user
needs.

Perhaps once there is a simple and powerful way to add features to Ant
(with-out having to maintain a private version) then developers can be free
to include/exclude the functionality that there environment demands.

With respect to 'Searching for build.xml ...' I say, back out the change and
let the inevitable mutations of searching wrapper scripts continue.

--jason