ant-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Krammer <kram...@spotfire.com>
Subject RE: registry JRE vs. JDK with java task
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 16:47:12 GMT
On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Siberski, Wolf wrote:
> We have the same situation here, but I don't see the need to specify
> all these extra classpaths. If it becomes possible to disable the
> 'magic' classpath extensions, You can just add everything to the
> standard classpath attribute, and that's it. Or am I missing something?

Well, if you want to switch back to using the javac compiler, you need to
move the classes.zip-path to a bootclasspath attribute, since javac (Java
2 version) requires that as a separate command line option (jikes doesn't
have this option) when you're compiling for a 1.1 target JVM.

However, I can admit that it's pretty easy to do that, so the "disable
magic extension"-solution would be just fine with me, just as long as it
works straight out of the box, without requiring any patching. But I think
a third option to not add the java.ext.dir-paths should be considered as
well.

- Michael

Michael Krammer           ***  Stop the continental drift NOW!  ***
email: krammer@spotfire.com     web: http://www.spotfire.com
Spotfire AB, Första Långgatan 26, SE-413 28 Göteborg, Sweden