ant-dev mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <Barrie.Trel...@camtech.com.au>
Subject Re: Proposed Revolution: AntEater (a proposal for Ant Core 2.0)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 00:48:46 GMT
On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, James Duncan Davidson wrote:

> I'm doing this as "AntEater" as I want to play by the rules that I set down
> in the "Rules for Revolutionaries" document some time back in Tomcat-land.
> Even though I think that I've got the ideas and design to take Ant to 2.0,
> by no means do I think that they are the only way to get there -- and that
> they should trump everyone else's ideas. I'm not so arrogant to say that
> since I wrote ant, I control it's future and what should be called "version
> 2.0"-- that's not true -- it's the group of committers here that controls
> the future of ant.

+1 for a revolution.

Simeon is going to need this to get a gui working and it can't be done
easily be done the main branch.

Barrie
--
Barrie Treloar

  Barrie Treloar                      Phone: +61 8 8303 3300
  Senior Analyst/Programmer           Fax:   +61 8 8303 4403
  Electronic Commerce Division        Email: barrie@camtech.com.au
  Camtech (SA) Pty Ltd                http://www.camtech.com.au
 --- Level 8, 10 Pulteney Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia. ---