ant-dev mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <Barrie.Trel...@camtech.com.au>
Subject Re: Proposed API Refactoring
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 03:32:10 GMT
On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Simeon Fitch wrote:

> The text document below outlines some proposed changes

Thanks for putting this together.  There needs to be a better way to
communicate these ideas amongst the people on the dev list and
especially the committers.

It would be helpful to prioritize this list as well.

Have people seen www.log4j.org which I have just started to use but
looks like a much better logger than we currently have with Ant.  It's
under the IBM Public License (I dont want to start another licensing
thread *sigh*, but this is "open source certified" :P )

I dont have any problems with the things you have listed and most make
sense to implement.

Does anyone have suggestions on how these types of changes get process
managed in an open source group?

I would point at Stefan to say he is the one who owns this type of
role now.

But how do we go about collating this information and tracking the
completion of tasks?  It would be nice to be able to work on some
productive task that has benefit to the entire group rather than to
just an individual.

Barrie
--
Barrie Treloar

  Barrie Treloar                      Phone: +61 8 8303 3300
  Senior Analyst/Programmer           Fax:   +61 8 8303 4403
  Electronic Commerce Division        Email: barrie@camtech.com.au
  Camtech (SA) Pty Ltd                http://www.camtech.com.au
 --- Level 8, 10 Pulteney Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia. ---