ant-dev mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <Barrie.Trel...@camtech.com.au>
Subject Re: Searching for build.xml
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 23:14:49 GMT
On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Diane Holt wrote:

> As you may recall I expressed some reservations about the feature
> introduced
> in ant 1.2 whereby ant will search up the directory tree for a build.xml
> file
>
> I recently asked my sysadmin to install ant 1.2 on our Unix system and,
> after reading the release notes, he sent me a colourful email, attached
> below.
>
> Dose anyone else, or their sysadmins, think this is a problem?
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Conor

-1 for as well.

As others have pointed out you can do this outside of ant.  This
really breaks the "keep it simple" rule.  If you want this
functionality then wrap ant in a script which does it.

People can contribute an sh, bat script which can live in /contrib if
they really want the fint build.xml file.  But get rid of it from the
ant core.

Barrie
--
Barrie Treloar

  Barrie Treloar                      Phone: +61 8 8303 3300
  Senior Analyst/Programmer           Fax:   +61 8 8303 4403
  Electronic Commerce Division        Email: barrie@camtech.com.au
  Camtech (SA) Pty Ltd                http://www.camtech.com.au
 --- Level 8, 10 Pulteney Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia. ---