ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/lib - New directory
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 06:38:41 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

>> Nevertheless, if I had voted -1, as Sam has done,
>> I hope it would not just degrade to -0. That isn't
>> how I understand the decision making process.
>
> Well you can't -1 with no reason. I think I have
> tried to address all the reasons (at least that I
> aware of ;]) for -1 so the -1's effectively become
> +0s unless more reasons are supplied ;). I don't
> know if thats official but thats the way it seems
> to occur in the groups I monitor ...

Very dangerous.  Concrete example: suppose somebody decided they really
wanted to make Ant functionally equivalent to make.  Suppose they believe
that they had addressed to their own satisfaction any and all concerns, and
therefore all vetos were mere nuisances.

I believe that the web page is clear as to where the burden of proof is.

This being said, I am tired:

   - 0

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  I have not fully evaluated your proposal for ant.properties - my
initial take is that it looks promising.